Ten Reasons Why Friends of Israel Should Vote Trump By David Rubin
Blogs Zion's Corner
Ten Reasons Why Friends of Israel Should Vote Trump
1. Donald Trump has pledged to move the American Embassy to Israel’s capital, Jerusalem.
2. Trump has expressed support for Israel’s right to grant building permits for its citizens in Jerusalem, its capital city.
3. Trump has expressed support for Israel’s right to grant building permits for its citizens in its historical, biblical heartland, Judea and Samaria (the so-called West Bank).
4. Trump has been a consistent and strong opponent of the dangerous Iran nuclear deal, which the Obama administration signed and which Hillary Clinton strongly supported, along with most of the Democrats in Congress.
5. According to a recent Pew Research Center poll, “There continue to be stark partisan differences in Middle East sympathies. Conservative Republicans maintain strong support for Israel with fully 75% saying they sympathize with Israel compared with just 2% who sympathize with the Palestinians. By contrast, liberal Democrats are much more divided: 33% sympathize more with Israel, 22% with the Palestinians.”
6. A Trump administration is likely to consist of consistently and unquestionably strong, passionate friends of Israel, such as former Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and Dr. Ben Carson. All of them share the strong pro-Israel positions cited above.
7. Trump’s running mate, Gov. (and former U.S. Congressman) Mike Pence, has been a strong and consistent supporter of Israel. He, too, shares the strong pro-Israel positions cited above.
8. The Influence of Family: Trump’s daughter Ivanka, with whom the candidate is very close, is a convert to Judaism, her husband is Jewish, and Trump has three Jewish grandchildren who attend a strongly pro-Israel Orthodox synagogue with their parents.
9. Hillary Clinton, during her term as Secretary of State, was harshly critical of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, most notably in her infamously stern 45 minute telephone reprimand, the details of which her State Department quickly publicized after Israel announced that building permits were granted for 900 apartment units in Jerusalem, Israel’s capital.
10. A President Hillary Clinton is likely to be surrounded by strongly anti-Israel politicians from her Democratic Party, the platform of which explicitly supports the establishment of “Palestinian statehood” in the biblical heartland of Israel. On the other hand, the GOP platform pointedly does not mention the possibly of a Palestinian state - which would be based on the dangerous land for peace formula that failed so miserably in Gaza, bringing rampant Palestinian Islamic terrorism on Israel’s civilian